Is LAANC Live in My Area?
The FAA has rolled out LAANC for hundreds of airports, covering the entirety of the United States, and now we’re sharing them with you.
A few things to keep in mind:
- LAANC covers UAS access to controlled airspace, which is the purview of the federal air traffic control centers (ATC), not the airports themselves.
- Not every ATC facility has chosen to participate in LAANC. Please don’t call your airport or ATC to ask about LAANC access—the FAA has been very clear about this.
- Due to complications with inconsistent ownership boundaries on UAS facility maps, the FAA has decided to temporarily turn off LAANC capabilities at the following airports:
- Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
- William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)
- Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- FAA is always the ultimate source of truth regarding live LAANC UAS facilities.
P.S. This quick video shows how to use Skyward to access LAANC and fly your drone in controlled airspace.